Wednesday 21 May 2014

Pottering in the Garden...

I will be spending most of today in my polytunnel and garden tending to my home grown fruit and vegetables... I find that it's very theraputic and satisfying growing them myself with the knowledge of them being much better for me and my family too!  I have also found that when I grow my own they taste a lot better than commercially grown ones.


In my polytunnel I have tomatoes, cucumbers, corgettes, chillies and some lettuce, which are coming along quite well.  In the garden I have some peas (planted just outside the polytunnel so they can grow up outside the walls!), I also planted some blueberry, blackcurrant, raspberry bushes and lots and lots of strawberry plants.  Fingers crossed Chloe and Jack don't get to them first...




We have apple trees in the front garden and cherry trees out back, last year I did plant a new plum tree but sadly it died and I haven't really had the time to replace it, maybe next year.

Like all gardeners it's fine having a nice garden, but it does take a lot of work and keeping it weed free is just one of the drawbacks of gardening, particularly when not using chemicals to do it for you...but all that said there is nothing to beat relaxing in the garden on a warm summers' night!

I would love to hear what you've been up to in your garden too, just leave your comments below...

No comments:

Post a Comment